To become a Guide Dog User:
• Show care and enthusiasm and support Guide Dog services; Believe in Saibeidou’s vision and mission.
• Must be a certified visually impaired by any government recognized organization and willing to use a Guide Dog.
• Age between 18 and 65, with good living habit, healthy and able to travel independently.
• Able to feed and take care of the dog.
• Passionate about life and have positive attitude.
• Good sense of orientation and able to travel independently on at least three familiar route using your current mobility aid.
• Willing to accept training by our trainers.
• Able to commit to one month training. Another 4 to 6 weeks follow-up training at home, office and places mostly visited may be required.
• Able to afford daily expenses of the Guide Dog (food, vaccination, medical, and grooming).
• Certified by the government as disabled.
If you know of anyone who may be suitable for the service of a Guide Dog, welcome to contact us. Interested parties will be interviewed and assessed by our trainers. Once qualified, applicants will be registered in our waiting list to be paired up with our Guide Dogs. Selection process is not on first-come-first-serve basis. Instead, it is depended on the number of existing Guide Dog as well as the matching result. Once successfully matched, our trainers will be responsible to provide all the training for the user.
Please click the link below to download the application form and send it to the centre for processing.